What if your intuition was guiding you toward a game-changing product idea? Would you listen to what everybody else was saying you should do with your career - or would you tap into your gut feeling?
Today, we're chatting with the thoughtful, provocative, and bold founder of Wherewithal, Danielle Rushton. Danielle was a tomboy growing up, but always had a challenge finding a strapless bra that fit properly (hello - don't we all?)
Fast forward to her career in the corporate world, where she still wasn't feeling fulfilled day-to-day. Danielle decided to listen to the voice inside her head, buy a sewing machine, and start crafting a solution to the problem that so many women face.
In this episode, you'll learn how Danielle stayed resilient among different feedback from family and friends, how she's built a brand that challenges traditional strapless bras, and why Wherewithal is meant to be a household name.
What you'll learn:
- What Danielle really wanted to be when she grew up
- Why she felt like she had a “dissociation” with her boobs - and why it was so harmful
- Why Danielle decided to buy a sewing machine
- How the universe rewards you when you start to go after your purpose
- Where Danielle started learning how to make garments
- Why it was important for Danielle to start a company for her - and not anyone else
- How Danielle left her corporate career
- How she's taking on the bra industry and carving out a new category
- What makes Wherewithal a different kind of bra
- Why this industry was ripe for disruption
Check out Wherewithal - https://shopwherewithal.com/
Follow Wherewithal on Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/shopwherewithal/
Contact Danielle: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow TNBT on Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/thenextbigthingpod/
Contact us - email@example.com